Where is Season Two?
Right now, there is no second series of BritHikesOntario
Short answer: It’s a ton of work and costs too much to make. It is not sustainable.
- YouTube has pulled the rug out from under small video creators like me. To be paid anything at all, I need 1,000 subscribers.
- It takes about 2 weeks minimum to plan, film, and produce each episode.
- That means Season One took 12 weeks of work.
- In one year, I have only gained 50 subscribers.
- That means it would take 240 more weeks of working for nothing before YouTube ever contributed.
So it’s all about money for you? You make me sick! 🙂
Not entirely! I like making the videos, but here are some basic costs:
- Website, Domain, Hosting – At least $75/yr
- Transportation – Well Season One cost about $30 and I only left Toronto once. It just depends where I go, but we’re talking at least $100, right?
- Marketing – I occasionally pay for marketing, but have only been able to afford about $15 so far, which has mostly gone on my Facebook page.
- Other – There are various bits of technology, not necessarily expensive, that could help improve the videos. Eg. a clip-on mic for only around $30.
I believe the bare minimum cost of a second season is $300.
Fine! How do I help?
If you can support me, the best way to do so RIGHT NOW is by donating via one of these three methods:
What if I don’t believe you will spend it on videos?
There’s some equipment on this Amazon wishlist
I can’t afford it.
Every single $1 helps.
Greeting Cards are only $1.99 Canadian.
5% of each purchase will be put aside for a new season.
No! I REALLY can’t afford to help!
Here are some other ways you can help:
- Tell people about the great Greeting Cards that they can purchase from me!
- Say this on Twitter or Facebook: I watched some nature videos by BritHikesOntario. This one’s about The Scarborough Bluffs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12cn7aeOOhQ
- Tell everyone you know about my YouTube account and get them to subscribe.
- If you about to buy something at Amazon Canada < use this link | or use this link for > Amazon UK
- Canadians: Earn CASHBACK for almost anything you buy online with Ebates first with this link. You’ll get $5 after your first shop.
- Canadians: Open a bank account with Tangerine, use the “Orange Key” 39088532S1 and get $50! Tangerine has NO FEEs, pays good interest, and using Scotiabank ATMs is free.
- Do you have a Fitbit or similar? Join Achievement. They pay you to take steps (make up a fake US address).
- Canadians with Fitbit/Google Fit: Earn Petro/Scene points. Download Carrot Rewards app on your phone. In the account tab use my code: “stuh4720” right after joining to get bonus points.
- Want to start your own website? I recommend HawkHost. Their pricing is great and they have servers in Canada, USA, Europe and Asia.